Regulated profession as driving instructor

If you wish to pursue a regulated profession as driving instructor, you must obtain authorisation from the competent Danish authority.

Are you from an EU/EEA country or Switzerland?

In the EU, rules are in place to facilitate the access to regulated professions. You are covered by the EU rules if you meet the following two conditions: 

  • You are a citizen of an EU country, Iceland, Norway, Liechtenstein or Switzerland.
  • You are fully qualified in one of the above-mentioned countries to practice the same profession as you now wish to practice in Denmark. 

If you apply for authorisation under EU rules, you are entitled to receive a decision from the competent authority within three months of submitting all of the required documentation. In some cases, this deadline may be extended by one month.

The Danish authority has to process your application in accordance with the code of conduct.